Wednesday, September 10, 2008

So...

The two paged biography turned into a three paged biography. English class was a blast. Chemistry class not so much. Star Trek is awesome. Data is more than awesome. Tolkien wrote hysterical short stories. That periodic table doesn't want to be memorized. I have videos to watch (Chem videos), essays to write. Three pairs of earrings somehow wound up being bought by me, despite the fact that I'm supposed to be broke (stupid earring addiction). Youthgroup has been fun. Slime needs to be researched. Season Four of Atlantis is being re-watched. Season One of Next Generation is so lame it's funny (except for the occasional brilliant episode--like Datalore). Tollers has discovered that he can fit halfway out of his cage. I'm actually not worrying about Be Verbs at the moment. I have books to read, things to make, brownies to bake. It has been discovered that the Cookie Monster only eats cookies as a "sometimes snack" now (American propaganda... I grew up on the cookie-eating cookie monster and I'm fine!!!!). The US Constitution is fascinating. Alexander Hamilton is boring, as of last week. It's been raining lots. College is worrying me. God used Be Verbs. I need to get working on that essay. I also need to get off this computer. Headache, ya know.

And that, my friends, is pretty much my past week. Ooh, I'm going to go highlight the Be Verbs in this post...
Now, look at this, same post--no Be Verbs--what thinkest thou?

The two paged biography turned into a three paged biography. I had fun in English class. Chemistry class, not so much. Star Trek rocks. I can only describe Data as "more than awesome". Tolkien wrote hysterical short stories. That periodic table doesn't want to stick in my head. I have videos to watch (Chem videos), essays to write. Three pairs of earrings somehow wound up purchased by me, despite the fact that my friends describe me as "broke" (stupid earring addiction). I had lots of fun at youthgroup. Slime needs researching. Meow and I have begun re-watching Season Four of Atlantis. Our wonderfully lame Season One of Next Generation has me chuckling (mentally, of course, I'm Katherine) at it's...silliness? (except for the occasional brilliant episode--like Datalore). Tollers has discovered that he can fit halfway out of his cage. I'm actually not worrying about Be Verbs at the moment. I have books to read, things to make, brownies to bake. It has been discovered that the Cookie Monster only eats cookies as a "sometimes snack" now (American propaganda... I grew up on the cookie-eating cookie monster!). The US Constitution fascinates me. I declared Alexander Hamilton boring, as of last week. Rain pours down in beautiful torrents every day. College worries me. God used Be Verbs. I need to get working on that essay. I also need to get off this computer. Headache, ya know.

6 comments:

Jessica *meow* said...

haha! luv you kath...

and you TOTALLY have a point. God used Be-Verbs. So why can't we? (or.. you.)

RIJohnson said...

Good rant... I see your point... fun how that works...

But I think you had quite a few fragments in that 2nd bit... you should check...

Manwathiel said...

Thank you, Isaac and Meow.

Fragments? Purely intentional. Just because I'm nice enough to not use Be Verbs in one of the two thingys doesn't mean that I'm going to start avoiding sentence fragments now. They're artistic. Sort of. Ooh, another fragment...

Jessica *meow* said...

sentence fragments keeps the conversation witty. Totally. See?

Anonymous said...

You....are....amazing. Simply amazing. It's incredible how you can say the same thing without be-verbs and its so much more interesting! Though I must admit, I love writing with be-verbs :)

Anonymous said...

I think it stretches your thinking and vocabulary to avoid "be" words. I prefer the second version w/o them. Someday I may try rewriting a paragraph in the newspaper or a magazine that has several is/was/were words in it. Love, G.G.