Tuesday, December 4, 2007

In The Olden Days...

I recently have taken up the hobby of writing with a quill pen and ink. It is an interesting hobby and I enjoy it quite a bit. I write in my leather-bound book (the book in the picture) which has nice brown paper inside and a very rough binding, and I use a quill pen that I made out of an eagle feather. For ink, I have a little pot of ink left over from a calligraphy set that I bought several years ago. When I run out of that I believe that I'll have to start making my own ink! I've begun doing a little research into that...just so I'm ready.
Needless to say, my handwriting is hideous even when writing with a pencil or a normal pen. Thus, I think I'll keep my quill-pen writing to myself. But even if I'm not about to show it to anyone, it's still fun. It really gets me into the feeling of being somewhere in the past where they only had quill pens. And I like it better than writing with a normal pen.
At any rate, hopefully I'll be able to keep up with this hobby! It certainly is fun.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey doesn't your writing get all blotchy when you write with a feather pen?????