Saturday, November 24, 2007

Are you a Voyager?



Have I ever told you just how much I like Star Trek? I've almost definitely told you that I like it. I may have even told you that I consider myself a Trekkie (or at least a Trekkie in the making). But I doubt that I have really told you just how much I love Star Trek.

Today we just finished the finale of Star Trek Voyager. For a while, if asked what Star Trek was my favorite, I would have answered "Next Generation". Now, without a doubt, I would have to say that Voyager is my favorite, with Next Gen as a close second. The characters are amazing, unique, and personable. The plotlines are great. Time warps and Borg cubes pop up all the time, and you never quite know what will happen next. The finale, which we just watched, a two-parter called "Endgame" was simply fantastic. It had me on the edge of my chair the whole way through. It had Borg, time-travel, and all sorts of things all wrapped up in one. I loved it. Absolutely loved it. Well... I won't tell you what happened. But I have one thing to say to you: Go watch Voyager. Don't judge Star Trek just because you might have seen one episode of the originals. Dig up a Voyager, season 4-7 episode (preferably with Borg in it) and sit down and watch. I can give you an assurance that you will love it--unless you come across a lesser episode, which I doubt will happen.

Well, at any rate, I love Star Trek Voyager. And now that I've finished it, what am I going to watch now? Well...I'll have to figure that out.

Live long and prosper,

Manwathiel

No comments: