Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!



Due to Friday being a holiday in Cambodia, Thanksgiving, for us, was celebrated a day late. Despite that fact, today (our Thanksgiving) has been absolutely amazing. I spent the morning helping Mom bake food, clean the house, set places, and so on and so forth... At about 12:30 people began to arrive. Our little house was absolutely full with 26 people crammed inside. It was an awesomely international gathering. No one seems to care that Thanksgiving is an American holiday. We had Brits, Mexicans, a Columbian, and in past years we've had Australians and others as well. Several of my good friends came over and we had an absolute blast. The food was amazing, we had turkey, mashed potatoes, pickles, cranberry sauce, gravy, green bean casserole, stuffing, chicken, waldorf salad, other kinds of salads, layered jello, and tons of other great food. And then there was the pie. Oh, I love pie. Have I ever mentioned just how much I love pie? Well we had eight pies. Yes, eight pies. Three apple pies, three pumpkin pies, a chocolate pie, and a pecan pie. And oh, they were good. I love pumpkin pie, and I confess, I ate a lot of it. The apple pie was probably the best apple pie my mother has ever made, and the chocolate and pecan pies were amazing. I love pie.

Overall, today was a great day. Full of family, friends, fellowship, and giving thanks to God. I wish that Thanksgiving came more than once a year. Well, the day's not over yet. Several people left already, but others are still here waiting for....dinner!!! I, however stuffed I may be, am looking forward to turkey soup, turkey sandwiches, and leftover pie for dinner.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments: