Thursday, April 3, 2008

For the Federation!

So some of you may know, and some of you may not know, that a forum I'm on played a wonderful April Fools trick (definitely the best April Fools trick I've ever seen), in which the Trekkies took over, confined all of the Gaters and their sympathizers to the Brig, changed everything to everything Star Trekkie, and overall were as geeky as possible. I, being a Trekkie, had an utter and complete blast. I think everyone did. Of course, the Gaters did break out eventually and us Trekkies were defeated... But then it was revealed that it was all an April Fools joke (I knew ahead of time). But goodness, it was fun.

With that brief history, allow me to say that I am having trouble getting out of my Star Trek-mood. I've been walking around all day thinking up wonderful Spock-like phrases, saying "Live Long and Prosper" to several people, and seriously considering painting a bunch of Borg cubes and spheres on my door. But I figured that since we'll be leaving soon I'd better not, I don't think the house sitters would appreciate it. Right now I'm wishing that I had been able to watch a Star Trek before American Idol started... Sadly it is now too late. Oh well. I love Star Trek. Definitely the greatest science fiction ever. I'm also wondering what would happen if the Trekkies staged another takeover... Probably banning for all, so no need to worry--my Vulcan logic forbids me to do anything of the sort. Highly illogical. The chances of actually getting away with it are extremely low (0.005%, according to Lieutenant-Commander Data). And of course, there is the little fact that I *like* other science fictions (including Stargate!) and the people who run the forum are too awesome to really overthrow... So instead of taking over the forum, I've considered taking over youthgroup. What do you think would happen if I walked in tomorrow wearing a Bajoran earring, dressed in full Starfleet uniform, and muttering into a combadge? It might be worth a try... I really need to get myself those things, though. Or maybe I should just force my family into having a Voyager marathon! That would be fun. Plus we finally have season 2 (which I haven't seen all of yet)

Ooh, Dad is back from a chip run. Maybe he has some Klingon Bloodworms... Nevermind, I'm not that weird. But for now...

Live long and prosper! \\//

Lieutenant Katherine of the Federation Starship Voyager

No comments: