Friday, May 16, 2008

I'm an Elf with an Elf-bow doing Elf-archery!!

*cough* So I suppose I should start before the archery... Before the archery comes the pottery. Anyway, as most of you know, I am in FL with my grandparents having a blast. We leave tomorrow =(. I know that I'll have fun back at my cousins, but I'm having fun here too! Speaking of fun, did you know just how addictive doing acrilic paints on pieces of pottery is? Highly addictive. Almost as addictive as archery. But I'm starting at the beginning.
Well, GG took Kristine and I to a little pottery-decorating place downtown. You could do glazed pottery, but that took a week to be fired and we didn't have that long; or you could do fuzed glass pottery, but that took a class, which we didn't want to do; and finally, you could do acrilic painted pottery, which only took a day to be sprayed and to dry. Naturally, we chose acrilics.
First we got to pick out our piece of pottery. GG picked out a little plate shaped like a fish, Kristine picked out a statue shaped like a fairy, and I, after much inner-argument, chose the most adorable little box. Yep. A box. The box itself is shaped like an egg... Egg, you're thinking, ooh. Yay. Adorable. Naturally, you are thinking this in your most sarcastic tone of thought. But then, you would be wrong. On top of the lid of my egg-shaped box is a alligator. A baby alligator! It is sooo cute. And it's legs are kind of over the side of the box. Basically, it looks like a alligator egg is hatching into the most adorable baby gator that you've ever seen (have I ever mentioned how much I love alligators?). So we painted them, GG's fish was gorgeous, mostly yellow, with spots and stripes and the names of all her grandkids on it. Kristine's fairy ended up absolutely stunningly creepy (I think my love of creepy fairies is rubbing off on my sister), with silver hair, sparkly pink dress, and pale green eyes. My gator ended up soo cute. The egg was white and the gator was green. Surprise surprise. But it was shiny green and had a cute little smile! And red eyes. Glittery red eyes. I love it.

Oh well, I have to go get ready for bed (we have to get up at six tomorrow), so no time to tell about the archery. I'll get on to that later...Yes, I know that this throws the whole point of this post off point. I'm sure you can tolerate my incessant ramblings and off-topicness. Thank you, and goodnight.

1 comment:

Jessica *meow* said...

i wanna see the cute alligator!! can u show me a pic of it?
and kristines fairy sounds awesome. freaky, but awesome. maybe its opal kaboi?