Monday, May 26, 2008

It is time for another Blog-post

So while in the US nothing incredibly exciting has been happening. I leave for DC tomorrow, which will be amazing, hopefully. So with that in mind, allow me to give you a complete summary of all the movies which I have seen recently for the first time:

On the plane I watched "I Am Legend"
Good, good movie. Some might say it was a tad scary, but I really enjoyed it. Overall, I really can't think of any problems that I had with the script, plot, or otherwise. I loved the idea of a "cure for cancer" going wrong. Oh yes, Will Smith is a great actor.


At my cousin's house I *finally* saw "I, Robot"
I have to say that it really is about time I saw this movie. Once again, Will Smith is a brilliant actor, the plot was great, the futuristic technology was spectacular, etc.

In the theater I saw "Prince Caspian"

I have to confess, I was expecting to hate it and ended up loving it. Caspian, who I was expecting to be terrible, was great. The whole Spanish/Italian Telmarine thing really, really fit Lewis' history for the Telmarines, and Reepicheep stole the whole show. My only problems were the script deviation from the book (major deviations, there) and the fact that Peter was... Well... Not magnificent. I couldn't stand him. But overall, "Caspian" was great.

Just last night I went and saw "Iron Man"
I wasn't quite sure what to expect, considering that I really am not one to geek out over superheroes, I cannot recall ever picking up a marvel comic, and the only movies involving superheroes that I've actually seen are the X-men movies and the first Spiderman. With that in mind, I really, really enjoyed "Iron Man." The main character, Tony Starks, was obviously a very messed up guy at the beginning of the movie, and throughout the movie we really got to see his character develop. Great character development, there. The Iron Man armor was really fantastic, the plot was good, there were a few twistings and turnings of the plot, and overall I really liked it. I wouldn't recommend this movie to anyone under 12--not even 12 year olds unless they're quite mature, but it was very good.

And that, my friends, is all. Unless you would like me to tell you about the complete experience of sharing FoTR and TTT with my grandparents--which as you all know, would probably result in several pages of rambling.

Namarie,
Manwathiel

No comments: