Monday, January 21, 2008

Birthday!! Birthday!! Birthday!!! Yes, I am hyper. I'm also 15. 15. I'm getting old....OLD!!!

Sorry about that title, but I'm in an odd mood--oh wait, I'm always in an odd mood. But yes, my friends, I have now had a full day of being fifteen. So I suppose you want to know about my birthday party....

But before I tell you about that, let me tell you that on Friday we had Sarah's birthday party! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH!! We went to youthgroup where Mr Davies spoke (his story is so amazing and inspiring), and where we played some games that can only be described as "interesting". Of course, we did other stuff at youthgroup too, but those were the most memorable things. After youthgroup we went to Sarah's house where we discovered that Amazing Grace did not work, watched Ella Enchanted, ate loads of yummy food, and had fun fun fun. Yep, that was Friday.

Now, on to Saturday... I took a nap before the guests arrived. But when the guests did arrive--oh, I suppose you want to know who the guests were. Well, let me think, Kristine came, Sarah came, Meow came, Hannah came, Abby came, and Christi came. And yes, I jammed 7 people into my little room. Talk about sardines....

Well anyway, when the guests came we all talked in really loud voices and scared my fish half to death, then we headed to Parkway for...bumper cars!!!!! I love those bumper cars. Now, let me describe them to you, these bumper cars aren't anything like those bumper cars in the US. These bumper cars are so much better. And unsafer. No, that's not a word. But wait!! I just decided that it is. Unsafer is now a word. Sorry, back to bumper cars... Alright, these cars are small, my knee is exactly level with the steering wheel, the room is dark, you can barely see, loud music blasts from loudspeakers, and the cars go waayyy faster than cars in the US. My dad described them as "dangerously faster". We crashed and banged into eachother until our ears were ringing and our knees were bashed into jelly. I was almost limping as I got out of my car, but oh, it was so completely worth it.

After that we all squeezed back in the car and headed home where we watched the cartoon Robin Hood (or parts of it, anyway), busted my internet by watching trailers and listening to music from The Lord of the Rings On Stage--which I absolutely must see--and then we ate dinner. Mom made us an absolutely delicious barbeque chicken and scalloped potatoes...yum yum. After dinner we finished up looking at the LoTR On Stage website and then...opened presents! I got lots of lovely stuff...here's a list:
  1. A bar of chocolate, a box of fruit-rollups, and a set of beautiful earrings and a necklace (thank you Kristine!)
  2. A stunning personalized notebook/diary, all green and gold and positively Elvish (thank you Abby!)
  3. A box of yummy yummy chocolate from Chocolate By The Shop (Thank you Hannah!)
  4. A bag of chips, a bar of chocolate, and apple-flavored chapstick (thank you Sarah!)
  5. Two pairs of gorgeous earrings (thank you Kati!)
  6. My stunning Elf-gown--pictures will be posted later (Thank you soooo much Mom and Dad!)
  7. A new memory card for my camera (thank you Mom and Dad!)

Oh, and you know what? That's not quite it...Meow actually gave me my present at Christmastime (thank you Meow), and Christi has told me that my present is on the way (thank you in advance Christi!), I also have heard a rumor from my wonderful G.G. and Pop-O that they are sending a package (thank you in advance!!). So my birthday isn't quite over yet, is it?


Well, after opening the last present, my wonderful Elf-gown, my wonderful friends wanted to see me wearing my wonderful Elf-dress. I wore the beautiful dress (it really makes me feel like an Elf) as we sung Happy Birthday and then as I blew out the candles in the cheesecake.... mmm... So then we ate cheesecake and ice cream. Mom said that the cheesecake was one of the worst she's ever made. I think it was the best she's ever made. It was delicious. Yummm.... We ate and ate until finally we were full. And oh, it was good.

So...we headed upstairs to my room to find that my dad had lugged the tv and the dvd player all the way upstairs (thank you!). So...we watched One Night With the King! Yes, you already got my opinion of the movie on that rambly post a couple posts back, and it hasn't changed. After watching One Night With the King, eating way too many cheetos and pretzels, and talking way too much about who-knows-what, we argued for a bit about what to do next. And finally it was decided, we were going to watch Pride and Prejudice. Now, it may shock most of you to learn that I had never seen Pride and Prejudice. It sure shocked Abby. So we popped it in, popped some pop-tarts in the toaster oven, and started to watch. I love that movie. Love love love. It was a great movie! I cannot believe that I have never seen it before. So now I'm trying to get hold of the old one as well as the book. Heh, good movie.... Go watch it.

Considering that Hannah fell asleep halfway through the movie, we decided that afterwards it would probably be a good thing to get some sleep, considering that it was about 1:30. So we turned off the lights and proceeded to talk and talk and talk and talk until our mouths fell off. And the next morning we awoke to....DONUTS! USA donuts, to be precise. Those things are wonderful...

So we ate donuts and then went to church where the party dispersed into thousands of little pieces--er, nevermind the pieces thing. All in all it was a wonderful party. But wait! There's more. Sunday, being my actual birthday, was also wonderful. Everyone kept saying "Happy Birthday!" to me, which made me feel all nice and bubbly inside. We went out to Fresco where my family had some terrible sandwiches and I had a wonderful sandwich, and then we went home where Kristine and I watched Finding Neverland. Another great movie that I had never seen. And that concludes my birthday. And now I am 15. Old old old. Heh. And guess what mom said? I'm going to start driving soon!!! *dances around happily* Yep, old. Yay for being old. 15, old, that is.

Oh yes, pictures of the Elf dress and other things coming soon.

No comments: