Thursday, January 17, 2008

I have always loved to trot...

I have always loved to trot. Horseback riding is always amazing, whether walking, trotting, or cantering, but out of all three I love to trot the most. The graceful rising and falling, rising and falling, you can leave the entire world behind you in that peaceful rising and falling. The beat is so perfect. And the wind blows on your face--not the cutting, whip-like wind of a canter, nor the erratic wind of the trot. It is steady, beautiful wind. And then there is the rhythm. So pure, so perfect. You can use that rhythm to write the perfect iambic poetry that one never remembers afterwards except that it was perfect. That rising and falling, steady, beautiful, elegant. Not slow and loping, nor fast and unpredictable. It is perfect. Rising and falling, rising and falling... Out of all the things that you can do while horseback riding I think that I love to trot the most.

I think Alvina wrote that. Then again, it might have been Ariadnë might have wrote it--although she wouldn't have told anyone if she did. But you know, whoever wrote it, I agree with them.

No comments: